In all of my years as a Vikings fan, this was the one season in which I looked forward to our chances the most. Even in the Culpepper/Moss/Carter heyday, I never got this excited. The reasons are many:
- Zimmerman is the best coach the Vikes have had since Bud Grant, hands down
- The offensive line has been substantially upgraded
- AP appears in fantastic shape, yet again
- Our defense is among the best in the league, and is championship caliber
- A brand new stadium, and with it, a brand new attitude
- Teddy Bridgewater had another year under his belt in his progression to become a great quarterback
Now, with just two weeks to figure out what they're going to do at quarterback, the Vikings are left scrambling.
I love Teddy Ballgame. Smart, talented, nimble, and just didn't make mistakes. He was getting better and better right before our eyes. Last Sunday he was a masterful 12 for 16 for 161 yards and a touchdown. He ripped apart San Diego's #1 defensive unit. He was poised for a big year - much bigger than most would give him credit for accomplishing.
Now it's over.
I just feel we lost before the season has even started.
Looks like another tough year for the Purple Faithful...